Blackblack (blak),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., v., adv.
- lacking hue and brightness;
absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
- characterized by absence of light;
enveloped in darkness: a black night.
- (sometimes cap.)
- pertaining or belonging to any of the various populations characterized by dark skin pigmentation, specifically the dark-skinned peoples of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- soiled or stained with dirt: That shirt was black within an hour.
dismal: a black outlook.
inexcusable: a black lie.
- boding ill;
sullen or hostile;
threatening: black words; black looks.
- (of coffee or tea) without milk or cream.
- without any moral quality or goodness;
wicked: His black heart has concocted yet another black deed.
- indicating censure, disgrace, or liability to punishment: a black mark on one's record.
- marked by disaster or misfortune: black areas of drought; Black Friday.
- wearing black or dark clothing or armor: the black prince.
- based on the grotesque, morbid, or unpleasant aspects of life: black comedy; black humor.
- (of a check mark, flag, etc.) done or written in black to indicate, as on a list, that which is undesirable, sub-standard, potentially dangerous, etc.: Pilots put a black flag next to the ten most dangerous airports.
- illegal or underground: The black economy pays no taxes.
- showing a profit;
not showing any losses: the first black quarter in two years.
- deliberately false or intentionally misleading: black propaganda.
- boycotted, as certain goods or products by a trade union.
- (of steel) in the form in which it comes from the rolling mill or forge;
- black or white, completely either one way or another, without any intermediate state.
- the color at one extreme end of the scale of grays, opposite to white, absorbing all light incident upon it. Cf. white (def. 20).
- (sometimes cap.)
- a member of any of various dark-skinned peoples, esp. those of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.
- black clothing, esp. as a sign of mourning: He wore black at the funeral.
- the dark-colored men or pieces or squares.
- black pigment: lamp black.
- [Slang.]See black beauty.
- a horse or other animal that is entirely black.
- black and white:
- print or writing: I want that agreement in black and white.
- a monochromatic picture done with black and white only.
- a chocolate soda containing vanilla ice cream.
- in the black, operating at a profit or being out of debt (opposed to in the red): New production methods put the company in the black.
- to make black;
put black on;
- to boycott or ban.
- to polish (shoes, boots, etc.) with blacking.
- to become black;
take on a black color;
- black out:
- to lose consciousness: He blacked out at the sight of blood.
- to erase, obliterate, or suppress: News reports were blacked out.
- to forget everything relating to a particular event, person, etc.: When it came to his war experiences he blacked out completely.
- [Theat.]to extinguish all of the stage lights.
- to make or become inoperable: to black out the radio broadcasts from the U.S.
- [Mil.]to obscure by concealing all light in defense against air raids.
- [Radio and Television.]to impose a broadcast blackout on (an area).
- to withdraw or cancel (a special fare, sale, discount, etc.) for a designated period: The special air fare discount will be blacked out by the airlines over the holiday weekend.
- (of coffee or tea) served without milk or cream.
Ghostghost (gōst),USA pronunciation n.
- the soul of a dead person, a disembodied spirit imagined, usually as a vague, shadowy or evanescent form, as wandering among or haunting living persons.
- a mere shadow or semblance;
a trace: He's a ghost of his former self.
- a remote possibility: He hasn't a ghost of a chance.
- (sometimes cap.) a spiritual being.
- the principle of life;
- See ghost writer.
- a secondary image, esp. one appearing on a television screen as a white shadow, caused by poor or double reception or by a defect in the receiver.
- Also called ghost image. a faint secondary or out-of-focus image in a photographic print or negative resulting from reflections within the camera lens.
- an oral word game in which each player in rotation adds a letter to those supplied by preceding players, the object being to avoid ending a word.
- a series of false spectral lines produced by a diffraction grating with unevenly spaced lines.
- a streak appearing on a freshly machined piece of steel containing impurities.
- a red blood cell having no hemoglobin.
- a fictitious employee, business, etc., fabricated esp. for the purpose of manipulating funds or avoiding taxes: Investigation showed a payroll full of ghosts.
- give up the ghost:
- to die.
- to cease to function or exist.
- to ghostwrite (a book, speech, etc.).
- to haunt.
- [Engraving.]to lighten the background of (a photograph) before engraving.
- to ghostwrite.
- to go about or move like a ghost.
- (of a sailing vessel) to move when there is no perceptible wind.
- to pay people for work not performed, esp. as a way of manipulating funds.
- fabricated for purposes of deception or fraud: We were making contributions to a ghost company.
Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Hi guys, this post is about Black Victoria Ghost Chair (nice Ghost Chair Armless Amazing Pictures #3). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1786 x 1768. It's file size is just 80 KB. Wether You want to download This picture to Your laptop, you can Click here. You might also download more photos by clicking the photo below or see more at this post: Ghost Chair Armless.
How do I choose the quality Ghost Chair Armless that is best? The part of the kitchen desk may assist the features of a home kitchen, even as we learn. This table's lifetime isn't only helpful as a direct impact about the kitchen created's layout, but also a mixture of cuisine. Due to the big kitchen countertop material currently, pick the best claim your foresight in weighing the pros and cons.
Essentially, your kitchen desk could be mentioned good quality if it has a stable construction, durable, lovely, mark resistant, easy to clean, heat resistant, and easy maintenance. But needless to say none of the resources that support the above characteristics all. Therefore, you must conform to the circumstances while in the kitchen, where the features that should be highlighted.