Fireplacefire•place (fīər′plās′),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of a chimney that opens into a room and in which fuel is burned;
- any open structure, usually of masonry, for keeping a fire, as at a campsite.
Covercov•er (kuv′ər),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to be or serve as a covering for;
rest on the surface of: Snow covered the fields.
- to place something over or upon, as for protection, concealment, or warmth.
- to provide with a covering or top: Cover the pot with a lid.
- to protect or conceal (the body, head, etc.) with clothes, a hat, etc;
- to bring upon (oneself ): He covered himself with glory by his exploits.
- to hide from view;
- to spread on or over;
apply to: to cover bread with honey.
- to put all over the surface of: to cover a wall with paint.
- to include, deal with, or provide for;
address: The rules cover working conditions.
- to suffice to defray or meet (a charge, expense, etc.): Ten dollars should cover my expenses.
- to offset (an outlay, loss, liability, etc.).
- to achieve in distance traversed;
pass or travel over: We covered 600 miles a day on our trip.
- to act as a reporter or reviewer of (an event, a field of interest, a performance, etc.);
have as an assignment: She covers sports for the paper.
- to publish or broadcast a report or reports of (a news item, a series of related events, etc.): The press covered the trial in great detail.
- to pass or rise over and surmount or envelop: The river covered the town during the flood.
- [Insurance.]to insure against risk or loss.
- to shelter;
serve as a defense for.
- to be in line with by occupying a position directly before or behind.
- to protect (a soldier, force, or military position) during an expected period of ground combat by taking a position from which any hostile troops can be fired upon.
- to take temporary charge of or responsibility for in place of another: Please cover my phone while I'm out to lunch.
- to extend over;
comprise: The book covers 18th-century England.
- to be assigned to or responsible for, as a territory or field of endeavor: We have two sales representatives covering the Southwest.
- to aim at, as with a pistol.
- to have within range, as a fortress does adjacent territory.
- to play a card higher than (the one led or previously played in the round).
- to deposit the equivalent of (money deposited), as in wagering.
- to accept the conditions of (a bet, wager, etc.).
- (in short selling) to purchase securities or commodities in order to deliver them to the broker from whom they were borrowed.
- [Baseball.]to take a position close to or at (a base) so as to catch a ball thrown to the base: The shortstop covered second on the attempted steal.
- to guard (an opponent on offense) so as to prevent him or her from scoring or carrying out his or her assignment: to cover a potential pass receiver.
- (esp. of a male animal) to copulate with.
- (of a hen) to brood or sit on (eggs or chicks).
- [Informal.]to serve as a substitute for someone who is absent: We cover for the receptionist during lunch hour.
- to hide the wrongful or embarrassing action of another by providing an alibi or acting in the other's place: They covered for him when he missed roll call.
- to play a card higher than the one led or previously played in the round: She led the eight and I covered with the jack.
- to spread over an area or surface, esp. for the purpose of obscuring an existing covering or of achieving a desired thickness and evenness: This paint is much too thin to cover.
- cover one's ass, Slang (vulgar). to take measures that will prevent one from suffering blame, loss, harm, etc.
- cover up:
- to cover completely;
- to keep secret;
conceal: She tried to cover up her part in the plot.
- something that covers, as the lid of a container or the binding of a book.
- a blanket, quilt, or the like: Put another cover on the bed.
- anything that veils, screens, or shuts from sight: under cover of darkness.
- woods, underbrush, etc., serving to shelter and conceal wild animals or game;
- vegetation that serves to protect or conceal animals, such as birds, from excessive sunlight, from drying, or from predators.
- a set of eating utensils and the like, as plate, knife, fork, and napkin, placed for each person at a table.
- an assumed identity, occupation, or business that masks the true or real one: His job at the embassy was a cover for his work as a spy.
- a covering of snow, esp. when suitable for skiing.
- a pretense;
- a person who substitutes for another or stands ready to substitute if needed: She was hired as a cover for six roles at the opera house.
- See cover charge.
- an envelope or outer wrapping for mail.
- a letter folded so that the address may be placed on the outside and the missive mailed.
- [Finance.]funds to cover liability or secure against risk of loss.
- See cover version.
- Also called covering. a collection of sets having the property that a given set is contained in the union of the sets in the collection.
- blow one's cover, to divulge one's secret identity, esp. inadvertently: The TV news story blew his carefully fabricated cover.
- break cover, to emerge, esp. suddenly, from a place of concealment: The fox broke cover and the chase was on.
- take cover, to seek shelter or safety: The hikers took cover in a deserted cabin to escape the sudden storm.
- under cover:
secretly: Arrangements for the escape were made under cover.
- within an envelope: The report will be mailed to you under separate cover.
Toto (to̅o̅; unstressed tŏŏ, tə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used for expressing motion or direction toward a point, person, place, or thing approached and reached, as opposed to from): They came to the house.
- (used for expressing direction or motion or direction toward something) in the direction of;
toward: from north to south.
- (used for expressing limit of movement or extension): He grew to six feet.
- (used for expressing contact or contiguity) on;
upon: a right uppercut to the jaw; Apply varnish to the surface.
- (used for expressing a point of limit in time) before;
until: to this day; It is ten minutes to six. We work from nine to five.
- (used for expressing aim, purpose, or intention): going to the rescue.
- (used for expressing destination or appointed end): sentenced to jail.
- (used for expressing agency, result, or consequence): to my dismay; The flowers opened to the sun.
- (used for expressing a resulting state or condition): He tore it to pieces.
- (used for expressing the object of inclination or desire): They drank to her health.
- (used for expressing the object of a right or claim): claimants to an estate.
- (used for expressing limit in degree, condition, or amount): wet to the skin; goods amounting to $1000; Tomorrow's high will be 75 to 80°.
- (used for expressing addition or accompaniment) with: He added insult to injury. They danced to the music. Where is the top to this box?
- (used for expressing attachment or adherence): She held to her opinion.
- (used for expressing comparison or opposition): inferior to last year's crop; The score is eight to seven.
- (used for expressing agreement or accordance) according to;
by: a position to one's liking; to the best of my knowledge.
- (used for expressing reference, reaction, or relation): What will he say to this?
- (used for expressing a relative position): parallel to the roof.
- (used for expressing a proportion of number or quantity) in;
making up: 12 to the dozen; 20 miles to the gallon.
- (used for indicating the indirect object of a verb, for connecting a verb with its complement, or for indicating or limiting the application of an adjective, noun, or pronoun): Give it to me. I refer to your work.
- (used as the ordinary sign or accompaniment of the infinitive, as in expressing motion, direction, or purpose, in ordinary uses with a substantive object.)
- raised to the power indicated: Three to the fourth is 81( 34 = 81).
- toward a point, person, place, or thing, implied or understood.
- toward a contact point or closed position: Pull the door to.
- toward a matter, action, or work: We turned to with a will.
- into a state of consciousness;
out of unconsciousness: after he came to.
- to and fro. See fro (def. 2).
Keepkeep (kēp),USA pronunciation v., kept, keep•ing, n.
- to hold or retain in one's possession;
hold as one's own: If you like it, keep it. Keep the change.
- to hold or have the use of for a period of time: You can keep it for the summer.
- to hold in a given place;
store: You can keep your things in here.
- to maintain (some action), esp. in accordance with specific requirements, a promise, etc.: to keep watch; to keep step.
- to cause to continue in a given position, state, course, or action: to keep a light burning; to keep a child happy.
- to maintain in condition or order, as by care and labor: He keeps his car in good condition.
- to maintain in usable or edible condition;
preserve: If you want to keep meat for a long time, freeze it.
- to hold in custody or under guard, as a prisoner: They kept him in jail.
- to cause to stay in a particular place;
prevent or restrain from departure: The work kept her at the office.
- to have regularly in stock and for sale: to keep a large supply of machine parts.
- to maintain in one's service or for one's use or enjoyment: to keep a car and chauffeur.
- to associate with: She keeps bad company.
- to have the care, charge, or custody of: She keeps my dog when I travel.
- to refrain from disclosing;
withhold from the knowledge of others: to keep a secret.
- to withhold from use;
save: I'll keep this toy until you learn to behave. Keep the good wine for company.
- to hold back or restrain: They kept the child from talking. Nothing can keep him from doing it.
- to maintain control of;
regulate: to keep the peace; to keep your temper.
- to maintain by writing: to keep a diary.
- to record (business transactions, daily occurrences, etc.) regularly: to keep records; to keep a list of visitors.
- to observe;
pay obedient regard to (a law, rule, promise, etc.).
- to conform to;
fulfill: to keep one's word.
- to observe (a season, festival, etc.) with formalities or rites: to keep Christmas.
- to maintain or carry on, as an establishment, business, etc.;
- to guard;
protect: He kept her from harm.
- to maintain or support: It costs more each year to keep a house.
- to support or contribute to the support of in return for sexual or other favors.
- to take care of;
tend: to keep a vegetable garden.
- to raise (livestock): These farmers keep goats and cattle.
- to remain in (a place, spot, etc.): Please keep your seats.
- to maintain one's position in or on: He kept the job.
- to continue to follow (a path, track, course, etc.).
- to maintain in active existence, as an assembly, court, or fair.
- to continue in an action, course, position, state, etc.: to keep in sight; to keep going.
- to remain, or continue to be, as specified: to keep cool.
- to remain or stay in a particular place: to keep indoors.
- to continue unimpaired or without spoiling: The food will keep on ice.
- to admit of being reserved for a future occasion: I have more to tell you, but it will keep.
- to keep oneself or itself as specified (fol. by away, back, off, out, etc.): Keep off the grass.
- to restrain oneself;
refrain (usually fol. by from): Try to keep from smiling.
- keep at, to persist in;
be steadfast: You'll never master your French unless you keep at it.
- keep back:
- to hold in check;
restrain: The dikes kept back the floodwaters.
- to stay away from: The crowds would not keep back from the barrier.
- to refuse to reveal: The prisoner was keeping back vital information.
- keep books, to maintain financial records.
- keep down:
- to hold under control or at a reduced or acceptable level: to keep your voice down.
- to prevent from going up or increasing: to keep prices down.
- keep in with, to stay in someone's favor;
be on good terms with: They are social climbers who make certain to keep in with all the right people.
- keep on, to continue;
persist: If you keep on singing they'll ask you to leave.
- keep tab or tabs on. See tab 1 (def. 11).
- keep time. See time (def. 40).
- keep to:
- to adhere to;
conform to: She keeps to the rules.
- to confine oneself to: to keep to one's bed.
- keep to oneself:
- to remain aloof from the society of others.
- to hold (something) as secret or confidential: I'll tell you only if you promise to keep it to yourself.
- keep track of. See track (def. 22).
- keep up:
- to maintain an equal rate of speed, activity, or progress with another or others.
- to persevere;
- to maintain the good condition of;
keep in repair.
- Also, keep up on or with. to stay informed: to keep up on current events.
- to match one's friends, neighbors, business associates, etc., in success, affluence, etc.
- board and lodging;
support: to work for one's keep.
- the innermost and strongest structure or central tower of a medieval castle.
- keeps, (used with a sing. v.) a game of marbles in which the players keep the marbles they have won.
- for keeps, [Informal.]
- under the stipulation that one keeps one's winnings.
- with serious intent or purpose.
permanently: They decided to settle the argument for keeps.
Coldcold (kōld),USA pronunciation adj., -er, -est, n., adv.
- having a relatively low temperature;
having little or no warmth: cold water; a cold day.
- feeling an uncomfortable lack of warmth;
chilled: The skaters were cold.
- having a temperature lower than the normal temperature of the human body: cold hands.
- lacking in passion, emotion, enthusiasm, ardor, etc.;
dispassionate: cold reason.
- not affectionate, cordial, or friendly;
unresponsive: a cold reply; a cold reception.
- lacking sensual desire: She remained cold to his advances.
- failing to excite feeling or interest: the cold precision of his prose.
imperturbable: cold impassivity.
dispiriting: the cold atmosphere of a hospital waiting room.
- unconscious because of a severe blow, shock, etc.: I knocked him cold with an uppercut.
- lacking the warmth of life;
lifeless: When the doctor arrived, the body was already cold.
weak: The dogs lost the cold scent.
- (in games) distant from the object of search or the correct answer.
- [Slang.](in sports and games) not scoring or winning;
ineffective: Cold shooting and poor rebounding were their undoing.
- having cool colors, esp. muted tones tending toward grayish blue.
- being a cool color.
- slow to absorb heat, as a soil containing a large amount of clay and hence retentive of moisture.
- noting or pertaining to any process involving plastic deformation of a metal at a temperature below that at which recrystallization can occur because of the strain: cold working.
- go cold, [Slang.](in sports and games) to become unproductive or ineffective;
be unable to score.
- in cold blood. See blood (def. 18).
- throw cold water on, to disparage;
dampen the enthusiasm of: They threw cold water on her hopes to take acting classes.
- the relative absence of heat: Everyone suffered from the intense cold.
- the sensation produced by loss of heat from the body, as by contact with anything having a lower temperature than that of the body: He felt the cold of the steel door against his cheek.
- cold weather: He can't take the cold.
- Also called common cold. a respiratory disorder characterized by sneezing, sore throat, coughing, etc., caused by an allergic reaction or by a viral, bacterial, or mixed infection.
- catch or take cold, to get or suffer from a cold: We all caught cold during that dreadful winter.
- in from the cold, out of a position or condition of exile, concealment, isolation, or alienation: Since the new government promised amnesty, fugitive rebels are coming in from the cold.
- left out in the cold, neglected;
forgotten: After the baby came, the young husband felt left out in the cold.Also, out in the cold.
- with complete competence, thoroughness, or certainty;
absolutely: He learned his speech cold.
- without preparation or prior notice: She had to play the lead role cold.
- in an abrupt, unceremonious manner: He quit the job cold.
- at a temperature below that at which recrystallization can occur (sometimes used in combination): to cold-hammer an iron bar; The wire was drawn cold.
Airair1 (âr),USA pronunciation n.
- a mixture of nitrogen, oxygen, and minute amounts of other gases that surrounds the earth and forms its atmosphere.
- a stir in the atmosphere;
a light breeze.
- overhead space;
sky: The planes filled the air.
publicity: to give air to one's theories.
- the general character or complexion of anything;
appearance: His early work had an air of freshness and originality.
- the peculiar look, appearance, and bearing of a person: There is an air of mystery about him.
- airs, affected or unnatural manner;
manifestation of pride or vanity;
assumed haughtiness: He acquired airs that were insufferable to his friends.
- a tune;
- the soprano or treble part.
- an aria.
- Also, ayre. an Elizabethan art song.
- aircraft as a means of transportation: to arrive by air; to ship goods by air.
- air conditioning or an air-conditioning system: The price includes tires, radio, and air.
- [Radio.]the medium through which radio waves are transmitted.
- clear the air, to eliminate dissension, ambiguity, or tension from a discussion, situation, etc.: The staff meeting was intended to help clear the air.
- get the air:
- to be rejected, as by a lover.
- to be dismissed, as by an employer: He had worked only a few days when he got the air.
- give (someone) the air:
- to reject, as a lover: He was bitter because she gave him the air.
- to dismiss, as an employee.
- in the air, in circulation;
current: There's a rumor in the air that we're moving to a new location.
- into thin air, completely out of sight or reach: He vanished into thin air.
- off the air:
- not broadcasting: The station goes off the air at midnight.
- not broadcast;
out of operation as a broadcast: The program went off the air years ago.
- (of a computer) not in operation.
- on the air:
- in the act of broadcasting;
being broadcast: The program will be going on the air in a few seconds.
- (of a computer) in operation.
- put on airs, to assume an affected or haughty manner: As their fortune increased, they began to put on airs.
- take the air:
- to go out-of-doors;
take a short walk or ride.
- to leave, esp. hurriedly.
- to begin broadcasting.
- up in the air:
- Also, in the air. undecided or unsettled: The contract is still up in the air.
perturbed: There is no need to get up in the air over a simple mistake.
- walk or tread on air, to feel very happy;
- to expose to the air;
give access to the open air;
ventilate (often fol. by out): We air the bedrooms every day.
- to expose ostentatiously;
bring to public notice;
display: to air one's opinions; to air one's theories.
- to broadcast or televise.
- to be exposed to the open air (often fol. by out): Open the window and let the room air out.
- to be broadcast or televised.
- operating by means of air pressure or by acting upon air: an air drill; an air pump.
- of or pertaining to aircraft or to aviation: air industry.
- taking place in the air;
aerial: air war.
Outout (out),USA pronunciation adv.
- away from, or not in, the normal or usual place, position, state, etc.: out of alphabetical order; to go out to dinner.
- away from one's home, country, work, etc., as specified: to go out of town.
- in or into the outdoors: to go out for a walk.
- to a state of exhaustion, extinction, or depletion: to pump a well out.
- to the end or conclusion;
to a final decision or resolution: to say it all out.
- to a point or state of extinction, nonexistence, etc.: to blow out the candle; a practice on the way out.
- in or into a state of neglect, disuse, etc.;
not in current vogue or fashion: That style has gone out.
- so as not to be in the normal or proper position or state;
out of joint: His back went out after his fall.
- in or into public notice or knowledge: The truth is out at last.
- seeking openly and energetically to do or have: to be out for a good time.
- not in present possession or use, as on loan: The librarian said that the book was still out.
- on strike: The miners go out at midnight.
- so as to project or extend: to stretch out; stick your tongue out.
- in or into activity, existence, or outward manifestation: A rash came out on her arm.
- from a specified source or material: made out of scraps.
- from a state of composure, satisfaction, or harmony: to be put out over trifles.
- in or into a state of confusion, vexation, dispute, variance, or unfriendliness: to fall out about trifles.
- so as to deprive or be deprived: to be cheated out of one's money.
- so as to use the last part of: to run out of gas.
- from a number, stock, or store: to point out the errors.
- aloud or loudly: to cry out.
- with completeness or effectiveness: to fill out.
entirely: The children tired me out.
- so as to obliterate or make undecipherable: to cross out a misspelling; to ink out.
- all out, with maximum effort;
thoroughly or wholeheartedly: They went all out to finish by Friday.
- out and away, to a surpassing extent;
far and away;
by far: It was out and away the best apple pie she had ever eaten.
- out for, aggressively determined to acquire, achieve, etc.: He's out for all the money he can get.
- out from under, out of a difficult situation, esp. of debts or other obligations: The work piled up while I was away and I don't know how I'll ever get out from under.
- out of:
- not within: out of the house.
- beyond the reach of: The boat's passengers had sailed out of hearing.
- not in a condition of: out of danger.
- so as to deprive or be deprived of.
- from within or among: Take the jokers out of the pack.
- because of;
owing to: out of loyalty.
- foaled by (a dam): Grey Dancer out of Lady Grey.
- out of it, [Informal.]
- not part of or acceptable within an activity, social group, or fashion: She felt out of it because none of her friends were at the party.
- not conscious;
drunk or heavily drugged.
- not alert or clearheaded;
- eliminated from contention: If our team loses two more games, we'll be out of it.
- out of sight. See sight (def. 19).
- out of trim, (of a ship) drawing excessively at the bow or stern.
- not at one's home or place of employment;
absent: I stopped by to visit you last night, but you were out.
- not open to consideration;
out of the question: I wanted to go by plane, but all the flights are booked, so that's out.
without: We had some but now we're out.
- removed from or not in effective operation, play, a turn at bat, or the like, as in a game: He's out for the season because of an injury.
- no longer having or holding a job, public office, etc.;
disengaged (usually fol. by of ): to be out of work.
extinguished: The elevator is out. Are the lights out?
ended: before the week is out.
- not currently stylish, fashionable, or in vogue: Fitted waistlines are out this season.
senseless: Two drinks and he's usually out.
- not in power, authority, or the like: a member of the out party.
- (of a batter) not succeeding in getting on base: He was out at first on an attempted bunt.
- (of a base runner) not successful in an attempt to advance a base or bases: He was out in attempting to steal second base.
- beyond fixed or regular limits;
out of bounds: The ball was out.
- having a pecuniary loss or expense to an indicated extent: The company will be out millions of dollars if the new factory doesn't open on schedule.
- incorrect or inaccurate: His calculations are out.
- not in practice;
unskillful from lack of practice: Your bow hand is out.
- beyond the usual range, size, weight, etc. (often used in combination): an outsize bed.
made bare, as by holes in one's clothing: out at the knees.
- at variance;
unfriendly: They are out with each other.
- moving or directed outward;
outgoing: the out train.
- not available, plentiful, etc.: Mums are out till next fall.
- located at a distance;
outlying: We sailed to six of the out islands.
- [Cricket.]not having its innings: the out side.
- of or pertaining to the playing of the first nine holes of an 18-hole golf course (opposed to in): His out score on the second round was 33.
- (used to indicate movement or direction from the inside to the outside of something): He looked out the window. She ran out the door.
- (used to indicate location): The car is parked out back.
- (used to indicate movement away from a central point): Let's drive out the old parkway.
- begone! away!
- (used in radio communications to signify that the sender has finished the message and is not expecting or prepared to receive a reply.) Cf. over (def. 61).
- [Archaic.](an exclamation of abhorrence, indignation, reproach, or grief (usually fol. by upon): Out upon you!
- a means of escape or excuse, as from a place, punishment, retribution, responsibility, etc.: He always left himself an out.
- a person who lacks status, power, or authority, esp. in relation to a particular group or situation.
- Usually, outs. persons not in office or political power (distinguished from ins).
- [Baseball.]a put-out.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that does not land within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to in).
- something that is out, as a projecting corner.
- the omission of a word or words.
- the word or words omitted.
- [Northern Brit. Dial.]an outing.
- be on the or at outs with, to be estranged from (another person);
be unfriendly or on bad terms with: He is on the outs with his brother.
- to go or come out.
- to become public, evident, known, etc.: The truth will out.
- to make known;
utter (fol. by with): Out with the truth!
- to eject or expel;
- to intentionally expose (a secret homosexual, esp. a public figure).
Hi peoples, this picture is about Fireplace Cover To Keep Cold Air Out ( Cold Fireplace #1). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 933 x 1408. It's file size is just 204 KB. Wether You ought to download It to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You might also see more attachments by clicking the image below or see more at here: Cold Fireplace.
The Fireplace Cover To Keep Cold Air Out ( Cold Fireplace #1) is the key furniture in a bedroom, which helped establish the spotlight room. The wall behind the bed, where the head is frequently place by us, is just an aside considerable potential to become resulted in a stylish aspect. One-way is by the addition of a variation to approach them to the head of the bed or perhaps the tendency is known as the headboard.
Draw Walls As Headboard: for people who possess a small place area, the idea is very suitable for you. By drawing at room wall, you can get a fresh experience to the room but did not take place. Picture With Frame: Perhaps theme picture also packed you need to use it like a picture headboard if put on the whole wall of the area. You give the wooden frame like a screen towards the foot of the wall coloring and simply stay wallpaper on some surfaces.
Fireplace Cover To Keep Cold Air Out ( Cold Fireplace #1) is among the pretty things for your bedroom. Their headboard on your bed could make situations convenient, nevertheless the beds in many cases are atmosphere -headboard is very pricey. That you do not have to worry, as there are numerous ways to produce a headboard expense isn't costly and you may DIY.
Create a headboard itself answers are not good with headboard distributed in stores. You become ready to adjust the headboard with the feel of the space and can convey imagination by rendering it yourself. Here are some tips to create the headboard itself.