Stairstair (stâr),USA pronunciation n.
- one of a flight or series of steps for going from one level to another, as in a building.
- stairs, such steps collectively, esp. as forming a flight or a series of flights: I was so excited I ran all the way up the stairs.
- a series or flight of steps;
stairway: a winding stair.
Chairchair (châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
Liftlift (lift),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to move or bring (something) upward from the ground or other support to a higher position;
- to raise or direct upward: He lifted his arm in a gesture of farewell; to lift one's head.
- to remove or rescind by an official act, as a ban, curfew, or tax: a court decision to lift the ban on strikes by teachers.
- to stop or put an end to (a boycott, blockade, etc.): The citizenry will have to conserve food and water until the siege against the city is lifted.
- to hold up or display on high.
- to raise in rank, condition, estimation, etc.;
elevate or exalt (sometimes used reflexively): His first book lifted him from obscurity. By hard work they lifted themselves from poverty.
- to make audible or louder, as the voice or something voiced: The congregation lifted their voices in song.
- to transfer from one setting to another: For the protagonist of the new play, the author has lifted a character from an early novel.
- to plagiarize: Whole passages had been lifted from another book.
- to steal: His wallet was lifted on the crowded subway.
- airlift (def. 5).
- to remove (plants and tubers) from the ground, as after harvest or for transplanting.
- [Horol.](of an escape wheel) to move (a pallet) by moving along the outer, oblique face.
- to pay off (a mortgage, promissory note, etc.).
- [Golf.]to pick up (the ball), as to move it from an unplayable lie.
- to perform a surgical face lifting on.
- to transfer (measurements and the like) from a drawing, model, etc., to a piece being built.
- to form (a template) according to a drawing, model, etc.
- to cease temporarily from directing (fire or bombardment) on an objective or area: They lifted the fire when the infantry began to advance.
- [Fox Hunting.]to take (hounds) from the line of a fox to where it has just been seen.
- to go up;
yield to upward pressure: The box is too heavy to lift. The lid won't lift.
- to pull or strain upward in the effort to raise something: to lift at a heavy weight.
- to move upward or rise;
rise and disperse, as clouds or fog.
- (of rain) to stop temporarily.
- to rise to view above the horizon when approached, as land seen from the sea.
- the act of lifting, raising, or rising: the lift of a hand.
- the distance that anything rises or is raised: a lift of 20 feet between canal locks.
- a lifting or raising force: A kite depends on the wind to act as its lift.
- the weight, load, or quantity lifted.
- an act or instance of helping to climb or mount: He gave her a lift onto the wagon.
- a ride in a vehicle, esp. one given to a pedestrian: Can you give me a lift across town?
- a feeling of exaltation or uplift: Their visit gave me quite a lift.
- assistance or aid: The fund-raiser's successful efforts proved a great lift for the organization.
- a device or apparatus for lifting: a hydraulic lift.
- a movement in which a dancer, skater, etc., lifts up his partner.
- See ski lift.
- See chair lift.
- elevator (def. 2).
- any device used to lift or elevate, as a dumbwaiter or hoist.
- a theft.
- a rise or elevation of ground.
- the component of the aerodynamic force exerted by the air on an airfoil, having a direction perpendicular to the direction of motion and causing an aircraft to stay aloft.
- the capacity of a cargo ship measured in dead-weight tons.
- See topping lift.
- one of the layers of leather forming the heel of a boot or shoe.
- a special arch support built or inserted into footwear.
- the slice or thickness of ore mined in one operation.
- the height of the quantity of concrete poured into a form at one time.
- [Naval Archit.]any of the horizontal planks forming a type of half model(lift′ mod′el), able to be removed and measured as a guide to laying out the water lines of the vessel at full scale.
- [Typesetting.]fat (def. 25).
- the quantity of paper loaded into or removed from a press or other printing machine at one time.
- the displacement of a pallet by an escape wheel that has been unlocked.
- the angle through which the pallet passes when so displaced.
- airlift (defs. 1–3).
Ideasi•de•a (ī dē′ə, ī dēə′),USA pronunciation n.
- any conception existing in the mind as a result of mental understanding, awareness, or activity.
- a thought, conception, or notion: That is an excellent idea.
- an impression: He gave me a general idea of how he plans to run the department.
- an opinion, view, or belief: His ideas on raising children are certainly strange.
- a plan of action;
an intention: the idea of becoming an engineer.
- a groundless supposition;
- a concept developed by the mind.
- a conception of what is desirable or ought to be;
- (cap.) [Platonism.]Also called form. an archetype or pattern of which the individual objects in any natural class are imperfect copies and from which they derive their being.
- [Kantianism.]See idea of pure reason.
- a theme, phrase, or figure.
- a likeness.
- a mental image.
Hi , this picture is about Stair Elevator Chair Lift Ideas (superior Electric Stair Chair #3). This photo is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 485 x 728. This blog post's file size is just 48 KB. If You ought to save This post to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You also also see more attachments by clicking the following picture or read more at this article: Electric Stair Chair.
Stair Elevator Chair Lift Ideas (superior Electric Stair Chair #3) is among the hottest elements and are often-used for that flooring and the Granite can be a volcanic rock created by temperature and pressure and so are for sale in various tones like black shades, light grey and red along with other colors, Now due to the longevity and resilience, stone marble ceramic sort commonly used for kitchen floors, walls and flooring resources and also building a family area.
Needless to say you realize plenty of these kind of marble and it has become a brand new tendency on earth of house and undoubtedly you are perplexed in selecting a style, in setting-up a home, you have to consider the appropriate color for your surfaces of your home. Color dull house often chosen whilst the foundation colour is prominent, although it isn't rare to even have a natural color for example white colour to paint the walls of your home.